Friday, April 1, 2016

My Philosophical Family Tree

Below is a chain of dissertation directors/advisers starting with my own, Jeff Brower, his, Scott MacDonald, etc.  Source.

Turns out Copernicus is my Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather of philosophy.  I decided to stop at Copernicus.  I also only tracked a single familial line; that is, I omitted other branches where there were co-directors/advisers.

1. Jeffrey Brower
2. Scott MacDonald
3. Norman Kretzmann
4. Albert Hammond
5. Arthur Lovejoy
6. Josiah Royce
7. George Sylvester Morris
8. Friedrich Adolph Trendelenburg
9. Karl Reinhold
10. Immanuel Kant













11. Martin Knutzen
12. Christian Wolff
13. Gottfried Leibniz












14. Erhard Weigel
15. Philip Muller
16. Christoph Meurer
17. Moritz Valentin Steinmetz
18. Georg Joachim von Leuchen Rheticus
19. Nicolaus Copernicus

No comments:

Post a Comment