Thursday, October 16, 2014

Racism and Sexism are Insidious

Syme from the film, "1984"
Liberals are racism and sexism bloodhounds.  They are constantly on the move, nose to the ground, catching whiffs and barking up a tree.  Racism and sexism are everywhere.  A few examples and then two 1984 quotations below:

"Hooligan" "Bugger" "Eskimo" "Peanut Gallery" all racist.

Saying "you guys" to a group that includes both men and women is sexist.  One poor student confesses,
“I don’t consciously do it, but I’ll say ‘You guys!’ or ‘We should do something together, guys!’ and I don’t even consciously...like, usually I'm addressing a group of all girls,” a Macalester College student said in a video in August.
As a professor explains:


"Our culture is heterosexist, it's racist, it's patriarchal. It's transphobic, homophobic, ageist, ableist,” SooJin Pate, a Visiting Assistant Professor of American Studies, said in another video.
"Our language... not only reflects that culture but also creates it," she continued.
Never heard of an ableist before?  Neither had I. Apparently calling someone or something "lame," "crazy," "dumb," "insane"  is evidence of ableism.

"Stop being bossy" is sexist.  If you tell a little girl (say my 9 or 11 year old) that she is being bossy, you're being sexist.  Instead you should say that she has good leadership skills (even if, well, she is being bossy to her sister or brothers).  The author adds:
Sexism is such an ingrained part of our culture that we do not even register a lot of what is said, let alone call it out or rebuff it. From the office, to the bar, to the home, it pays to give a little more attention to what is said and the subtext within it. Its frequency and ease will shock you!
Once again, I cannot help but recall 1984:
Poor old Parsons blubbering: "Keep away from me Smith.  I'm an agent of Goldstein.  I didn't know it myself.  Thoughtcrime is so insidious.  It just creeps up on you. Never knew I had any bad stuff in my mind at all.  Do you know how it got hold of me?  In my sleep!  My daughter found it out. Very proud of her.  She listened through the keyhole.  Heard what I was saying in my sleep and nipped off to the patrols the very next morning.  Very grateful I've been discovered before it's too late.  They won't shoot me, will they, Smith?  I know I can be very useful in a labour camp."
Syme: "We should be rid of the last vestiges of Goldsteinism when the language has been cleaned."


3 comments:

  1. I can't help but find this funny (and I'm sure by this fact I'm being ageist, racist, sexist...or something...): "SooJin Pate, a Visiting Assistant Professor of American Studies" (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JS, reporting from behind the front-line (i.e. from the ivory tower, where the "generals" of leftism comfortably devise their leftist plots with full honesty, before the plots get spun to the general public, who would not go for their plots if leftists were always frank about their goals and intentions):

    This week in my "Social Knowledge" class, a philosophy of science class that focuses largely on Marxist and feminist critiques of science (and it should be made clear that the modern day feminist movement is rooted in Marxist ideological critique), one of my classmates said something like the following: "It's just OBVIOUS that people should be FORCED to hire women."

    I can't remember the context for the comment, but the comment caught my attention. I thought, "Wow...there it is...no holding back...these people don't want to simply encourage their employers to hire women, they want to FORCE them to." So, yes, these people think you can't walk out the door without getting pulverized by a freight train of racism and sexism (unless you are a white man). They really just want to coerce all of us into following their values, as my classmate's comment reveals. These are the same people who constantly beat the drum of "Christians just want to make us into a theocracy...it's SO BAD...just think how bad a theocracy would be...I mean...they want to turn us into Evangelical ISIS (who, mind you, we DO NOT condemn because they aren't evil; they are just doing what anyone would do when confronted by Great Satan)."

    ReplyDelete
  3. JS,

    I bet you're actually learning a lot in that class!

    ReplyDelete